keeping it lite - petite blythes, books, telly,
fashion, photography, funny stuff, mordant
irony, morbid delectations, art&music
and all the things i like ...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Freudian Frankenfurters

I have some corker dreams ... In one of my most recent I was at Cannes film festival, sitting a few seats down from Bret and Jemaine of FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS fame. We were all eating massive frankfurters. I couldn't finish mine as it was too big and offered it to them. They declined. Later I won the Palme D'or ...

Recent articles and sites of interest:

Am thinking of buying another ukelele. The one I got at The Warehouse can't be tuned. Savage Hardy informed me of the cute and musically sound ones at Sedley Wells in Riccarton.

Some poetic gems:

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
(Not waving but drowning, Stevie Smith)

I am part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untravelled
world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move
(Ulysses, Tennyson)

For Lycidas your sorrow is not dead,
Sunk though he be
beneath the watry floar,
(Lycidas, Milton)

I want to do with you
what spring does to cherry trees
(Pablo Neruda)

You're a serious
mistake in a nightie,
You're a grave disappointment all round
(God, a poem - James Fenton)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home