keeping it lite - petite blythes, books, telly,
fashion, photography, funny stuff, mordant
irony, morbid delectations, art&music
and all the things i like ...

Friday, April 06, 2007

A piece of genius and the enduring love of vinyl

Chase me ladies, I'm in the cavalry


One of the best funny bloody clever blogs around is the beautifully named Chase me ladies, I'm in the cavalry. I just had a read and came across a thread of sheer genius.

Read here about John Doe, John Donne and all sorts of other permutations (April 2 2007).


VINYL


I have loved music as long as I can remember, and in 1979 at a tender age I won 10 LPs in a competition from The Truth newspaper ...
Blondie - Parallel Lines: This is an alltime classic, from the iconic black and white cover to the musical gems like "Heart of Glass" and "Picture this"

The Cars - Candy-O: I love the segue from Shoo-be-doo to Candy O
Bad Girls - Donna Summer: Toot toot yeah beep beep

The Little River Band - It's a long way there - Greatest Hits
Wings - Greatest
Cheap Trick - Dream Police
Racey - Smash and Grab: The song "Kitty" is exactly the same as 80s Toni Basil classic "Mickey" (but it is about Kitty of course)

Communique - Dire Straits
The soundtrack of Grease!
Breakfast in America - Supertramp
See Gym Class Heroes "cupid's chokehold" take on the title song

Happy Easter y'all

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home